The Scout Troop is the third section in the Scout Group, above Beavers and Cubs. The Scout Section is for young people aged between 10½ and 14 years. A Scout Troop is organised into small groups called Patrols.
At 1st St Margarets, our Scouts meet weekly on Wednesdays 7.30pm-9.15pm at St Stephen’s School Hall, Chertsey Road. Our Scout Leader is Bruce McLaren.
The Scout Promise
There are a number of variations of the Scout Promise to reflect the range of faiths, beliefs and attitudes, and nationalities, in the UK within Scouting. The traditional Scout Promise is:
On my honour,
I promise that I will do my best
to do my duty to God
and to the Queen,
to help other people
and to keep the Scout Law.
Further information about The Promise in Scouting can be found here. Please speak to your Scout Leader if you have any questions about the Promise or if your child would like to use one of the alternatives for their investiture ceremony.
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto